Location: Nashville Oncology Associates | Nashville, TN
Job Information: The Specialty Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting with the clerical duties associated with managing the pharmacy. Additionally, technicians will accurately complete prior authorizations, bill, prepare, package, and deliver prescriptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities of the Specialty Pharmacy Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Providing friendly service in person, over the phone and through written communication
- Answering the telephone in a professional and timely manner
- Initiating the patient intake process which includes gathering and entering detailed information about the patient and the patient’s prescription into the pharmacy’s computerized system
- Navigating insurance plans and accurately billing the appropriate insurance (includes coordination of benefits for patients with more than one payer, understanding overrides, codes and manual billing)
- Staying informed on current availability of, and assisting patients with copayment assistance methods, from copayment cards or programs to foundation or grant support
- Maintaining and updating records of the patient’s health, allergies, demographic and insurance information in the computerized pharmacy system
- Working under the supervision of a provider while staying current with local, state, and federal laws
- Referring any clinical questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a clinician in the practice
- Processing of prescriptions
- Assisting in the verification of prescription authenticity
- Remaining knowledgeable about new and discontinued medications
- Collaborating with offices to resolve patient specific issues
Senior, experienced pharmacy technicians may be asked to supervise newly hired technicians.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a pharmacy technician is preferred and licensure as a Pharmacy Technician by the state of Tennessee is required. Specialty Pharmacy Technicians need to be detailed-oriented and have good verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service skills. Good computer skills and insurance billing skills are required. The technician should be sociable, reliable and able to work in a structured environment. The Specialty Pharmacy Technician must be able to work efficiently and accurately, following detailed instructions.
The Specialty Pharmacy Technician will share these preferred skills:
- Gains insight into the patient’s needs, identifies opportunities that will benefit the patient, effectively builds and maintains strong patient relationships.
- Prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with the organizations goals. Juggles multiple activities and utilizes their knowledge of internal structures, processes and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Demonstrate a variety of multi-mode communication skills, listens, relates and comfortably collaborates effectively with patients and coworkers.
- Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Follows through on commitments and is direct and truthful. Shows a commitment to continuous improvement and excellence.
The Specialty Pharmacy Technician must be able to spend most of the day standing, walking, or bending and lifting if required.
The Specialty Pharmacy Technician thrives in a faced-paced work environment. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk and perform work on a computer in an office environment.
To apply, submit your resume to [email protected]