Develops positive business relationships to increase oncology & hematology new patient Physician Referrals in order to achieve annual territory organic growth goals. Support and adheres to the Verdi’s Compliance Program, including the Code of Ethics and Business Standards and Shared Values.
Reports To: Sr. VP of Strategic Growth with dotted line to Practice Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs marketing and sales activities for an assigned practice to achieve or exceed assigned objectives.
- Using consultative selling skills, initiates contact with non-oncology physicians and key staff to engage customers, source needs, and recommend service solutions in order to market Verdi managed practice’s oncology services and increase the number of new oncology patient referrals.
- Establishes and maintains strong long-term relationships with referring physicians in the territory.
- Implements sales, marketing, and outreach plans, presentations, and strategies designed to develop incremental referrals, new referral relationships, and meet customer needs.
- Develops a basic understanding of regional business conditions relating to the industry, competition, and relevant business trends.
- Identifies future growth opportunities for new services. Relays physician feedback and market trends data to practice leadership.
- Works with management to identify and execute business solutions to market and customer issues.
- Works collaboratively with practice physicians and practice leadership in identifying and facilitating referring physician and community-based sales or outreach activities.
- Works with practice management team to ensure timely resolution based on customer feedback.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient adherence to certain administrative duties, including timely completion of expense reports, use of automation tools, detailed sales metric reporting and analysis, and business planning.
- Responsible for managing travel expenses within guidelines and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health, or other related field and at least five (5) years of healthcare marketing or three (3) years of healthcare service sales experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and databases.
- Ability to be successful with a consultative selling model.
- Engages with customers and is relentless in pursuing connections with difficult access locations while recognizing the appropriate time to change direction and focus efforts on other customers.
- Ability to understand business intelligence reporting and impact of growth initiatives on practice’s financial viability.
- Proven ability to prioritize opportunities and convert it into a successful sale for developing and maintaining existing business.
- Comfortable delivering presentations and maintains excellent relationship building skills.
- Possesses the upmost levels of integrity and ethical practice, understands, and adheres to the legal and regulatory requirements and best practices of the position.
- Located within a reasonable commuting distance to the geography of the assigned practice.
- Must have reliable and unrestricted transportation during all working hours to visit customers. Must have an acceptable driving history per Verdi company policy to be eligible for this position.
- Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
- Frequent use of phone and computer.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields