Responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients either pre-appointment, during, or post appointment. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management such as co-pay collection, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates, and patient check in/out. The ability to multi-task in multiple systems and offer exceptional customer service is the foundation of this role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out functions. Registers, greets, and assists patients, and directs patients to appropriate appointment/staff.
- Greets and directs drug representatives that come into the clinic.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Verifies insurance information and accurately registers patients through multiple sources such as Real Time Eligibility, Payer Websites, or Patients.
- Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained and accurately entered into the practice management system.
- Runs all Medicaid patients for the day through the Medicaid portal to ensure active coverage and that their plan has not changed.
- Collects co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, and other patient liability balances at the time of check-in.
- Takes payment on patient balances over the phone as well as walk-ins, balances the cash drawer.
- Ensures patients complete and sign all necessary registration forms.
- Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct requests (scans, port placements, biopsies, sending out referrals, follow-ups, labs, port flushes, and other various procedures)
- Works with patients and/or outside facilities to ensure all administrative tasks, including referrals, pre-certs, clinical records and documentation, orders and consults have been received and ready to view prior to patient visit.
- Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate staff.
- Assists walk-in patients and provides accurate information and forms to triage nurse.
- Demonstrates an understanding for patient confidentiality to protect the patient and practice by following HIPAA Guidelines.
- Cleary supports patient experience through patient-centered communications demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department’s efficiency and services performed.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of insurance process, medical terminology, and precertification process.
- High competency in verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional Multi-tasking, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of end-user computer applications regarding productivity (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and patient billing and other medical information systems.
- The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
- Works well with others and enjoys being part of a team.
- High School Diploma or GED and 4 years relevant experience
- Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
- Frequent use of phone and computer.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields