Reports to: Clinical Team Lead
Nashville Oncology Associates | Nashville, TN
Horizon Oncology & Research Center | Lafayette, IN
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer chemotherapy, biotherapy, antibiotics, symptom management, patient education, and triage patients.
- Provide and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of chemotherapy administration, monoclonal antibody therapy, IV therapy, subcutaneous and intramuscular injection administration.
- Knowledgeable and practices within the ONS guidelines during any adverse event while administering chemotherapy, i.e. extravasations, infiltrations or chemotherapy spill incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the ONS and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensures prior authorization has been obtained by the ordering physician for all visits, procedures, imaging studies, specialist referrals and specialty drugs.
- Maintains a systematic and ongoing patient evaluation process, collecting and documenting evaluation data from all pertinent sources.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Communicate effectively with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Adheres to all protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train and perform duties as needed in other areas of the clinic including pharmacy, triage, lab, shots, and scheduling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent IV skills.
- Familiar with VADs.
- Willingness to work with research subjects and administer trial medications after an appropriately determined training period.
- Current RN License.
- 2+ years’ experience in medical oncology preferred.
- Either ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy certified or willing to obtain within a year from start date.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
To apply, submit your resume to [email protected]