Oncology Infusion Nurse
Reports to: Clinical Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
As an Infusion Nurse, you will provide hands-on care to patients by practicing in an evidence-based manner within the scope of all regulatory guidelines and standards of care. You would implement and monitor patient care plans, monitor records, and communicate patient conditions appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer chemotherapy, biotherapy, antibiotics, symptom management, patient education, and triage patients.
- Provide and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of chemotherapy administration, monoclonal antibody therapy, IV therapy, subcutaneous and intramuscular injection administration.
- Knowledgeable and practices within the ONS guidelines during any adverse event while administering chemotherapy, i.e. extravasations, infiltrations or chemotherapy spill incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the ONS and OSHA guidelines as gained through annual training and experience.
- Maintains a systematic and ongoing patient evaluation process, collecting and documenting evaluation data from all pertinent sources.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Communicate effectively with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Adheres to all protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train and perform duties as needed in other areas of the clinic including pharmacy, triage, lab, shots, and scheduling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent IV skills.
- Familiar with VADs.
- Willingness to work with research subjects and administer trial medications after an appropriately determined training period.
- Current RN License.
- 2+ years’ experience in medical oncology preferred.
- Either ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy certified or willing to obtain within a year from start date.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- May be exposed to adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens, physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, etc.) and chemical hazards.
- May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields