Clinical Research Coordinator
The Clinical Research Coordinator has advanced knowledge and understanding of the research operations. The Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for helping the Clinical Research Project Manager in the conduct of the protocol. This includes planning through opening and completion of the trial by assuring that the processes, integrity, and quality of the research is assessed and maintained, and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, and Verdi Policy and Procedure. This role serves as a resource for inquiries and maintains communication with the Site Management Organization (SMO), Investigators, participants, and other research related entities.
Clinical Research Project Manager/Assistant Director of Clinical Research
· Participates with site start up and closeout activities
· Consents patients to participate in research trials
· Screens and enrolls patients to clinical trials
· Maintains continuing communication with the study participants to ensure their understanding of the study protocol, procedures, and requirements to ensure accurate study compliance
· Completes study visits with patients as defined by the study protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each visit
· Responsible for performing vital signs, electrocardiograms (EKGs), and other study procedures
· Accurately records source documentation in site electronic medical record (EMR) and study electronic data capture (EDC) systems
· Monitors and documents adverse events (AEs) in the EMR
· Maintains thorough source documentation by ALCOA guidelines in EMR
· Prepares for patient study visits
· Notifies Clinical Research Project Managers and Principal Investigators of all serious adverse events (SAEs) and deviations
· Participates in the reporting process of SAEs and deviations
· Performs inventory of all study supplies (lab, investigational product, etc.)
· Responsible for collection, procession, and shipment of specimens
· Performs data entry and query resolution as needed
· Participates in monitoring visits
· Participates audits and inspections for internal/CRO/Sponsor/FDA inspections
· Dispenses oral investigational medications per protocol and regulatory guidelines
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and organizational guidelines regarding clinical research protocols
· Promotes Good Clinical Practices (GCP) in the conduct of clinical trials by possessing an in-depth knowledge of Federal Regulations and Guidance documents for the conduct of clinical trials and human subject protection
· Current RN or LPN license in the state of practice
· Current MA license with previous research coordinator experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Ability to track and perform multiple tasks
· Ability to manage large volumes of information
· Previous Oncology experience recommended
· Previous Clinical Research experience recommended
· Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
· May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
· Frequent use of phone and computer.
· May be exposed to adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens, physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, etc.) and chemical hazards.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields