Clinical Care Program Manager (remote)
Reports to: VP of Clinical Operations
Department: Verdi Oncology-Clinical Operations
The Clinical Care Program Manager (CCPM) demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and skills necessary to provide competent, compassionate, and supportive Oncologic care. This role is performed remotely and works to partner with chronically ill patients, family/caregiver(s), practice providers, and community resources to support patients’ ability to self-manage medical conditions.
This individual will play an integral role in supporting Verdi Oncology’s practices and clinical operations. This role will interface with all practices, be responsible for the development and implementation of a care management plan. The CCPM will function as a liaison and corporate representative for all practices. The CCPM will foster a culture of accountability, collaboration, support the development, and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures for Verdi Oncology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with care team, leadership, and partnering vendors in the development, design, and implementation of specific educational goals and outcomes.
- Identifies and risk stratifies patients, assists, and validates enrollment in the CMS’s Care Management Program.
- Creates and carries out care plans, helps navigate the patient and their family/ caregiver (s) through the care system.
- Complies with documentation requirements of the CMS’s Care Management Program., including providing a copy of the care plan to patients/ caregivers.
- Establish and maintain a communication process for patient and family/caregivers(s).
- Facilitates patient access and coordinates continuity of care with external healthcare (e.g. primary care provider to specialty care and post-hospitalization follow-up care)
- Provides patient health counseling, education, and instruction during monthly calls with patient/caregiver.
- Efficient when working independently from the HIPAA compliance space and provide compassionate, patient-centered
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Continuously seeks process improvement methodologies.
- Maintains current knowledge with oncologic clinical best practices.
- Evaluate new and existing resources for all
- Meets with physician medical director monthly to review patient care
- Manages and leads the patient care coordinators.
- Participates in monthly clinical forums and clinical operations meetings.
- Other duties as
-Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
-Clinical Information Systems (ex. G4, OncoEMR, Navigating Care)
-Oncology principles and practices (including medication regimens)
-Team player, professional, effective communicator
-Critical thinking, independent problem solving
-RN, BSN, LVN, LPN
-3+ Years of Oncology Care, Oncology Nurse Certification (OCN) preferred or equivalent
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Oncology EMR-Charting experience preferred
-Experience with developing training tools and patient educations is a plus
- May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent use of phone and computer.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields