The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for performing assigned patient care activities necessary in caring for the needs of our patients. The responsibilities listed below are not inclusive of all duties that may be assigned to this position.
- Provides excellent service to our patients following Verdi Oncology, Inc. and Nashville Oncology Associates guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times and follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Demonstrates advocacy, respect, and honesty in all patient communications.
- Assumes ownership of patient problems and ensures that their problems/issues are addressed, resolved, or referred to the appropriate person.
- Prepares patients for examination or treatment, and assists when needed.
- Collects and reports appropriate patient data as assigned and reports changes in patient condition to MD/RN/APN in a timely manner.
- Documents observations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Responds swiftly and appropriately in emergency situations while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Performs various treatments and procedures under the direction of appropriate clinical staff.
- Completes all cleaning, restocking as assigned, maintains equipment.
- Creates work environment that promotes safety for patients and staff. Reports any safety concerns or near misses to the clinic team lead.
- Looks for opportunities to decrease unnecessary delays and if delays are unavoidable, communicates this information with patients in a prompt and honest manner.
- Answers phone, taking off messages and communicates with providers.
- Completes medical forms/refills.
- Assists with administrative duties and front desk responsibilities as assigned.
- Current medical assistant Certification/Licensure or current state nursing license
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent knowledge of clinic services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and team player.Physical Requirements
- Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential duties
- May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
- Frequent use of phone and computer.
- May be exposed to adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens, physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, ) and chemical hazards.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields