The Medical Assistant will plan and provide professional care for patients in accordance with the medical plans of care and established policies and procedures. They will provide healthcare services to patients in accordance with the scope as defined by the State Board of Nursing. He or she may work under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Completes tasks in clinical setting as delegated by clinical team leader.
- Assists with administering non-chemotherapy agents overseen by RN.
- Provides and documents professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process.
- Assists other healthcare personnel in the delivery of excellent patient care.
- Participates in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Participates in professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Adheres to all protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assists with other clinical areas: lab, pharmacy, triage, front desk, and other daily tasks.
- Administers medications or starts non-chemotherapy intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in conditions such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment and takes necessary actions.
- Answers patients’ calls and determines how to assist them.
- Measures and records patients’ vital signs such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
- Works as part of a health care team to assess patient needs, plans and modifies care, and implements interventions.
- General knowledge of nursing and health care terminology.
- Excellent patient care skills.
- Current licensure as a medical assistant in the State of Employment
- Requires Basic Life Support
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Computer skills necessary
- IV skills/ familiarity with VAD’s
Education and Experience:
- Postsecondary certificate from vocational school or Associate’s degree in nursing or certified medical assistant required.
- Current state licensure required
· Able to lift 10 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
· May have long periods of sitting and/or standing and walking.
· Frequent use of phone and computer.
· May be exposed to adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens, physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, etc.) and chemical hazards.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Come as you are. Here at Verdi Oncology, Inc, we want everyone to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work. This means that we make all employment decisions based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, gender, gender identity, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, family or parental status, disability, veteran or military status, or any other statuses protected by Federal laws or regulations or those in the locations where we operate. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation for all members of the team.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
"*" indicates required fields